Wednesday 9 April 2014

TerraData Interview Experience, Bangalore

Hi, everyone this is one of my friend interview experience in TerraData. i am happy to say that i got placed in Teradata. I will discuss my Experience of Teradata paper pattern for Embedded Systems

INTERVIEW DETAILS
I had total  of  7 rounds and they asked me about Data Structures ,C,Linux and than Networking finally about my project.
1)In first round at tera data we had written test which had one question from string operation and heap sort
3)Second round was my technical interview.
    In this round they asked me every thing about only sorting techniques , sheduling algarithm  and IPC and about my project
4)Third round was technical interview and communication skills and also your coding skills.
5)Fourth round was HR round .Here she asked me about my self introduction  also about my strengths and weakness ,she spoke about bond and place of working . She tested my comfort level which means they will ask you when will you report.
6)In fifth round i had a telephonic interview from US .
   In this round he asked me self introduction,what are all the subjects i know , my domain interest ,my eager  and my comfort  level only basics of technical.
   In this round emphasis is more given to communication 
7)Sixth round was just medical  checkup and meeting the manager to know about my domain and submitting the documents.

IMPORTANT QUESTIONS
All the below listed questions i was not able to answer.
1)What is multithreading.
Ans: a technique by which a single set of code can be used by several processors at different stages of execution.

2)What is parallel programming.
Ans:Parallel computing is a form of computation in which many calculations are carried out simultaneously, operating on the principle that large problems can often be divided into smaller ones, which are then solved concurrently. ...

3)Explain the counting seamaphore algarithms.
4)How many total sorting techniques are there and what are all they explain in detail.
Ans: already Mentioned above.
5)reaserch your own algarithem  for sorting  the given  random array .(Should not use bubble sort,heap sort,merge sort,quick sort .It should be your own)
6)What will be the result of int *p=malloc(0); (malloc of zero).


7)Without using the shmat how to get the shared memory.